Wednesday, February 14, 2007

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY

Last year on Valentine's Day, my enthusiasm got the better of my critical judgment and I posted one of the valentines that my sweetie and I design each year for friends (she provides the words, I do the drawing).

Since some of you didn't seem to mind last year's valentine too much, I'm posting another one this year-- a different type of drawing for a different kind of quote.



Rest assured that tomorrow I'll regain my high standards. But for now, Happy Valentine's day to all of you!

2 comments:

Mick said...

Good souls, both of you.
Happy Valentines for a couple of days
back.

Anonymous said...

Well, this one is quite different than the two I've seen before. I like it. Sorta edgy. Neo. Punk.

I thought I had commented on the previous post, but since I don't see it, I must have experienced thought interuptus. Symptom of mid age...

Although I agree with you (mostly) about the role digital art may/does/will play hence forth, I still think there is a place in our hearts for those things we make with our hands. Our technology has moved "forward," but our primative brains still respond to old methods. I believe that we are driven to create. And the creation requires a palbability, tactileness, manual production if you will, to feel real. As lovely as digital art may be, I think we feel the need to physically create. That's why babies get so excited when they poop; they made it. Why bake cookies from scratch, why make a gourmet meal, why build our kids tree house with old boards? Because we make it. Did you make the art on your computer? Yes, but I think we will always need that feeling of the nib on the paper you mentioned. It is a physical and sensual experience that alone can satisfy the caveman inside us who painted on walls by torchlight. -cp